Block off your calendars, the 2018 festival edition of Sunset Music Festival is going to be a wild ride! This past year, we brought major players like Major Lazer, Above & Beyond, RL Grime and Zeds Dead down south for our biggest dance party to date, with concert-goers in the quintuple digits and dozens of talented artists to boot. Next year we intend to do even better, with top-notch stage curation and even more reason to start your summer off with a bang. Throughout the next few weeks, watch this space to learn more!
Festivities take place on Saturday and Sunday of Memorial Day weekend with shows beginning in the afternoon and running all night.
Day 1: Saturday, May 26th
- Parking lots open at 2:00 PM
- Gates open at 3:00 PM
- Event ends at 12:00 AM
Day 2: Sunday, May 27th
- Parking lots open at 2:00 PM
- Gates open at 3:00 PM
- Event ends at 12:00 PM
The 2018 edition of Sunset Music Festival revisits our stomping grounds at Raymond James Stadium (N Lot). Plot your arrival and departure with complete details about parking, or where to direct your cab for drop-offs and pick-ups.
Enter our crazy world with a reminder to have fun and Celebrate Safe. For tips to a successful festival mission take a look our pointers including how to stay cool, use the buddy system, and support fellow partygoers.
Make the most of our time at Sunset Music Festival with a quick peek at the general festival guidelines, you can avoid problems along the way. Stay informed preceding the event, and avoid taking a seat on designated dance floor areas.
Sunset Music Festival is open to fans who are ages 18 and above. To purchase and consume alcohol, you must be at least 21 years of age.
Code of Conduct
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs.
- NO Refunds or Exchanges.
- NO Sitting on Designated Dance Floor Areas.
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing, or Stage Diving.
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed.
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Giveaways, etc.
- NO Camping.
- NO Tailgating.
Every attendee (including media and guests) will be searched prior to entry with a TSA-style search, which includes emptying your pockets and bags, a full pat-down, an examination of items brought with you, and potentially a removal of your shoes. Police officers work both inside and outside our events with the aid of K9 units. All narcotics laws are strictly enforced. Sunset Music Festival reserves the right to refuse entry to anyone.
The use or possession of any illegal drugs or substances will not be tolerated - either inside or outside the venue.
If you are found inebriated at the entrance, security will not allow you to enter the festival. Event staff reserves the right of admittance refusal.
Safety & Medical
In the First Aid tents located throughout the festival, you'll find teams of medical practitioners ready to care for your every need. If you or a friend is not feeling well, are lightheaded, nauseated, or have another medical need like blisters or a headache, please visit our friendly medical staff and feel free to ask a festival team member for assistance.
Few things are necessary to enjoy Sunset Music Festival, but there are a couple items that you shouldn't leave home without. Showcase your squads' festival spirit with totems, flags, and costumes; but don't forget to bring your festival tickets and valid identification. When in doubt, please take a moment to reference our guide to the acceptable and prohibited items below including everything you can and cannot bring past the front gates.If at any time an acceptable item is deemed harmful to other patrons it may be confiscated and retrieved after the event.
- OK Small Bags, Single Compartment Backpacks, and Purses (Maximum 12" x 12").
- OK Fanny Packs.
- OK Reusable Sunset Music Festival Aluminum Water Bottles (Arrive empty).
- OK Hydration Packs and Camelbaks (non multi-pocket, arrive empty).
- OK Clear Plastic Water Bottles (Limit one per person, arrive empty).
- OK Glowsticks, Flow-wands, Batons, or Orbs.
- OK Orbits, Flowlights, Poi, or Pixel Whips.
- OK Handheld Camera Devices (GoPro, Sony Action Cam, HTC Re Camera, etc. Must be 6" in size or less.)
- OK Selfie Sticks.
- OK Mobile Phones.
- OK Portable Battery Chargers.
- OK Lighters.
- OK Earplugs.
- OK Sunglasses.
- OK Hats.
- OK Ponchos.
- OK Glowing/Illuminated Costumes or Jewelry.
- OK Lip Liner, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Sealed Chapstick.
- OK Sealed Packs of Gum.
- OK Sealed Eyedrops.
- OK Sealed Tampons.
- OK Dry Makeup (NO liquid makeup).
- OK Sealed Sunscreen (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed Deodorant (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed/Disposable E-Cigarettes.
- OK Vaporized E-Cigarettes (Including refillable liquid chambers, must be empty upon arrival.)
- OK Sealed Packs of Cigarettes.
- OK Plastic Tarps and Blankets.
- OK Hula Hoops (Including LED).
- OK Fatheads and Posters.
- OK Flags, Decorated Pool Noodles, and Totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totem Guidelines: Maximum height 10 feet, made from a lightweight material (foam, PVC, etc.). Poles must be no thicker than one inch in diameter and cannot contain solid metal pieces. Decorated pool noodles recommended. Any item deemed dangerous, promoting illegal activity, or hate speech will not be permitted. Totems are subject to inspection.
- NO Multi-Pocket Bags.
- NO Backpacks, Purses, or Bags larger than 12" x 12".
- NO Bota Bags.
- NO Illegal Substances.
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia.
- NO Unopened Over the Counter Medications.
- NO Unopened Bottle of Vitamins.
- NO Animals (except service animals).
- NO Massagers.
- NO LED Gloves or LED Microlights.
- NO Laser Pointers.
- NO Pacifiers, Dust Masks, or Gas Masks.
- NO Glass, Cans, Cups, or Coolers.
- NO Markers, Pens, or Spray Paint.
- NO Large Chains or Spiked Jewelry.
- NO Stuffed Animals or Dolls.
- NO Stickers, Flyers, Banners.
- NO Inflatables, Balloons, Balls, Frisbees.
- NO Tents, Umbrellas, or Chairs.
- NO Open Packs of Cigarettes.
- NO Unsealed Tampons.
- NO Liquid Makeup.
- NO Unsealed or Aerosol Sunscreen.
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Candy, etc).
- NO Musical Instruments (Including Whistles, etc).
- NO Tactical Gear.
- NO Walkie Talkies.
- NO Weapons of any Kind (Including Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc).
- NO Professional Recording Equipment - Photo, Video, or Audio (Including Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms, etc).
- NO Drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- NO Items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the concert by management.
- NO Totems which contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totems and flags without these pieces are deemed safe and adhering to these guidelines will be allowed.
When it comes to essentials, we highly advise you wear a pair of comfy dancin' shoes, a big smile, and dress for the fest' in party attire. Feel free to let your freak flag fly and wear your festival colors loud and proud, but don't leave home without your ticket and valid photo ID!
- Your Ticket or Wristband.
- Your Valid Photo ID.
- Comfortable Clothing and Shoes.
- Smiles and Good Vibes.
- Festival Costumes Encouraged.
The planning has commenced to prepare for Sunset Music Festival with custom-made accessories for the squad including those beloved totem poles! So wave your Sunset pride sky high and spread the good vibes far and wide. Get crafty and don't hold back on a DIY decorating project, just keep the following totem guidelines in mind to ensure your Sunset Music Fstival gear passes through the gates with ease.
- We accept flags, decorated pool noodles, and totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or anything capable of being pounded into the ground and hurting others. Totems and flags without these elements are deemed safe, and adhering to these guidelines will be allowed.
- Maximum height 10 feet, made from a lightweight material (foam, PVC, etc.).
- Poles must NOT be thicker than one inch in diameter and cannot contain solid metal pieces.
- Decorated pool noodles recommended.
- Avoid any items deemed dangerous, promoting illegal activity, or hate speech will not be permitted. Totems are subject to inspection.
Apart from your ticket and good vibes, the most important thing to have is an accepted form of identification. Before you head to the park, make sure your ID is good to go!
- United States Passport.
- DHS "Trusted Traveler" Card (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST).
- United States Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DOD civilians).
- Permanent Resident Card Border Crossing Card.
- DHS-Designated Enhanced Driver's License.
- Driver's Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles or equivalent (Paper ID's are not permitted).
- Native American Tribal Photo ID.
- A foreign government-issued passport.
- Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Mexican Consulate ID (Only Permitted with a secondary form of ID - EX: School ID).
- Expired identification card.
- School identification card.
- License/ID card issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada.
- Birth certificate.
- Social security card.
- Federal immigration card.
- Voter registration card.
- Copies of any acceptable forms of identification.
On the festival grounds you'll find a number of amenities including all the basics and beyond. Preview the list of comforts and conveniences provided on-site, so you can make the most of your time.
Lost & Found
During the event, you can recover lost and found items just inside the main entrance from 3:00 PM until midnight.
Following the event, check with the Tampa Sports Authority office by calling 813-350-6500, Monday - Friday, from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.
We encourage our patrons to stay hydrated and drink plenty of water, as well as sports drinks in order to replenish the body's electrolytes. While you're here, fill up on H20 at any of our free water stations, or purchase water at various concession stands around the venue.
Stock up on the sickest merch to wear your festival colors loud and proud! Make sure this year's event is one you remember for a lifetime, mark the occasion with a piece of the Sunset collection.
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event with roaming vendors carrying water and other beverages. Visit our vendors for something refreshing like fresh fruit and juices to combat the heat.
Bars located throughout the festival will serve beer and liquor. Service hours may be limited and you must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification.
Keep your hands-free on the dance floor by renting a personal locker, plus the option to include a phone charger. Yours for the duration of the fest', enjoy unlimited access as you hit the dance floor all day and night. Measuring approximately 8" high x 11" wide x 17" deep, a personal locker allows you to safely stash your belongings. For an added convenience, choose a locker with phone charging capabilities. Stow away your things and plug in your phone to keep the battery charged and stay tapped into all things SMF.
Everything you need is already here! Load up on funds at the ATM to take advantage of all that Sunset Music Festival has to offer.
We've accounted for the necessities to ensure your experience is seamless. For any forgotten items, or to lighten your load, swing by our on-site general store to pick up essentials.