Sunset Music Festival 2017
The sixth consecutive Sunset Music Festival returns in 2017 to Raymond James Stadium in Tampa on May 27-28th, bringing with it dance music's most in-demand players to soundtrack a Memorial Day weekend blowout! Make the journey to SMF with us and get a taste of the freshest sounds, from today's fast-rising newcomers to top tier mainstays. Rally your Sunset crew for an unforgettable holiday in the Sunshine State.
Day 1: Saturday, May 27th
- Gates open at 3:00 PM.
- Event ends at 12:00 AM.
Day 2: Sunday, May 28th
- Gates open at 3:00 PM.
- Event ends at 12:00 AM.
You must be at least 18 years of age to enter the event. To purchase and consume alcohol, you must be at least 21 years of age.
The 2017 edition of Sunset Music Festival will be held at Raymond James Stadium (North Lot) in Tampa, Florida (4201 N Dale Mabry Hwy, Tampa, FL 33607, USA).
The festival will take place rain or shine, excluding life threatening weather. Please keep up-to-date on local weather reports and plan your attire and preparations accordingly.
Security & Entry
By purchasing a ticket, you agree to submit to a thorough, TSA-style search, including emptying your pockets and bags, having all of your items examined, a full pat-down, and possibly removing your shoes. We reserve the right to refuse entry to anyone.
Zero Tolerance for Drug Use or Possession
The use or possession of any illegal drugs or substances will not be tolerated - either inside or outside the venue. If you are found inebriated at the entrance, security will not allow you to enter the festival. Event staff reserves the right of admittance refusal.
Safety & Medical
We are dedicated to providing the most secure and safe environment for our patrons as possible. A team consisting of public and private security, as well as medical staff, will be present throughout the entire event. If you require assistance, please look for the medical and information tents, or seek out a security or staff team member.
Lost & Found
During the event, you can recover lost and found items just inside the main entrance until midnight. Following the event, check with the Tampa Sports Authority office by calling 813-350-6500, Monday - Friday from 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Water Refill Stations
Stay hydrated! Fill up your Sunset Music Festival water bottle (get your very own at our merch booth), CamelBak or any empty beverage container (purchased inside the festival) at our free water refill stations. Look for the water droplet symbol on the festival map to find the nearest station.
Food and beverage stands are located throughout the event, with roaming vendors carrying water, snacks, and other beverages.
Bars located throughout the festival will serve beer and liquor. Service hours may be limited. You must be at least 21 years of age with valid identification.
Safety & Medical
To ensure a safe environment for all, security and medical staff will be present throughout the entire event. If you need any assistance, please go to the nearest medical or information tent, or seek out an event staff member.
The general store is stocked with items you may have forgotten at home. From eye drops, tampons, and sun screen - these are just a few of the items available.
Information booths will be stationed throughout the venue. Check your festival map for specific locations.
Sunset Music Festival merch booths can be found on the event map and will have a variety of tees, tanks, hats, official water bottles and more! We get new styles and designs each year, so don't miss out.
Approximately 8" high x 11" wide x 17" deep, enjoy the ease of having personal storage with all-day access on the festival grounds so you can come and go anytime you please and leave with all your stuff intact - every festival goers' dream!
A light and pre-charged portable battery pack (2200 mAh) that'll fit into your pockets, backpack, or on-site locker comfortably, keeping your device juiced up for the day. Whether you're an Android or iOS user, these $15 sticks will keep your phones up-and-running all weekend long and are yours to keep. And if you run out of juice, a replacement is just $5 bucks! Charging sticks can be pre-purchased prior to the festival and on-site at the lockers area during the event.
Code of Conduct
- NO Re-entry/Ins & Outs.
- NO Refunds or Exchanges.
- NO Sitting on Designated Dance Floor Areas.
- NO Moshing, Crowd Surfing, or Stage Diving.
- NO Unauthorized/Unlicensed Vendors Allowed.
- NO Unauthorized Solicitations, Handbills, Sampling, Giveaways, etc.
- NO Camping.
- NO Tailgating.
- Your Ticket (paper or digital) or Wristband.
- Your Photo ID.
- Comfortable Clothing and Shoes.
- Smiles and Good Vibes.
- Festival Costumes Encouraged.
- OK Small Bags, Single Compartment Backpacks and Purses (Maximum 21" x 10" x 14").
- OK Fanny Packs.
- OK Reusable Sunset Music Festival Aluminum Water Bottles (Arrive empty).
- OK Camelbaks (non multi-pocket, arrive empty).
- OK Clear Plastic Water Bottles (Limit one per person, arrive empty).
- OK Glowsticks, Flow-wands, Batons, or Orbs.
- OK Orbits, Flowlights, or Poi.
- OK Handheld Camera Devices (GoPro, Sony Action Cam, HTC Re Camera, etc. Must be 6" in size or less.)
- OK Selfie Sticks.
- OK Mobile Phones.
- OK Portable Battery Chargers.
- OK Lighters.
- OK Earplugs.
- OK Sunglasses.
- OK Hats.
- OK Ponchos.
- OK Glowing/Illuminated Costumes or Jewelry.
- OK Lip Liner, Lip Gloss, Lipstick, Sealed Chapstick.
- OK Sealed Packs of Gum.
- OK Sealed Eyedrops.
- OK Sealed Tampons.
- OK Dry Makeup (NO liquid makeup).
- OK Sealed Sunscreen (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed Deodorant (Trial size, non-aerosol).
- OK Sealed/Disposable E-Cigarettes.
- OK Vaporized E-Cigarettes (Including refillable liquid chambers, must be empty upon arrival.)
- OK Sealed Packs of Cigarettes.
- OK Plastic Tarps and Blankets.
- OK Hula Hoops (Including LED).
- OK Fatheads and Posters.
- OK Flags, Decorated Pool Noodles, and Totems that DO NOT contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others.
- NO Illegal Substances.
- NO Drugs or Drug Paraphernalia.
- NO Unopened Over the Counter Medications.
- NO Unopened Bottle of Vitamins.
- NO Animals (except service animals).
- NO Massagers.
- NO LED Gloves or LED Microlights.
- NO Laser Pointers.
- NO Pacifiers, Dust Masks, or Gas Masks.
- NO Glass, Cans, Cups, or Coolers.
- NO Markers, Pens, or Spray Paint.
- NO Large Chains or Spiked Jewelry.
- NO Stuffed Animals or Dolls.
- NO Stickers, Flyers, Banners.
- NO Inflatables, Balloons, Balls, Frisbees.
- NO Tents, Umbrellas, or Chairs.
- NO Bota Bags.
- NO Backpacks, Purses, or Bags larger than 21" x 10" x 14".
- NO Open Packs of Cigarettes.
- NO Unsealed Tampons.
- NO Liquid Makeup.
- NO Unsealed or Aerosol Sunscreen.
- NO Outside Food or Beverages (Including Alcohol, Candy, etc).
- NO Musical Instruments (Including Whistles, etc).
- NO Tactical Gear.
- NO Weapons of any Kind (Including Pocket Knives, Pepper Spray, Fireworks, etc).
- NO Professional Recording Equipment - Photo, Video, or Audio (Including Detachable Lenses, Tripods, Big Zooms, etc).
- NO Drones or Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAVs).
- NO Totems which contain metal pieces, sharpened elements, or are capable of being pounded into the ground or hurting others. Totems and flags without these pieces and deemed safe at entry will be allowed.
- NO Items deemed as posing a threat to the safe enjoyment of the concert by management.
Acceptable Forms of Identification
- United States Passport.
- DHS "Trusted Traveler" Card (Global Entry, NEXUS, SENTRI, FAST).
- United States Military ID (active duty or retired military and their dependents, and DOD civilians).
- Permanent Resident Card Border Crossing Card.
- DHS-Designated Enhanced Driver's License.
- Driver's Licenses or other state photo identity cards issued by Department of Motor Vehicles or equivalent (Paper ID's are not permitted).
- Native American Tribal Photo ID.
- A foreign government-issued passport.
- Canadian provincial driver's license or Indian and Northern Affairs Canada (INAC) card.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC).
- Mexican Consulate ID (Only Permitted with a secondary form of ID - EX: School ID).
Unacceptable Forms of Identification
- Expired identification card.
- School identification card.
- License/ID card issued in countries other than the U.S. or Canada.
- Birth certificate.
- Social security card.
- Federal immigration card.
- Voter registration card.
- Copies of any acceptable forms of identification.
Sunset Music Festival is a fully accessible event, and we are dedicated to continually improving our efforts to ensure you have access to all the festival amenities. We welcome and encourage all feedback and suggestions from our patrons. The following explains the services provided this year. For any accessibility-related questions and/or needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to help you have an awesome experience at Sunset Music Festival!
The venue is fully navigable for people with mobility disabilities with the assistance of our Access team. There are accessible pathways connected throughout the venue including parking, entrances, stages, vendors and all other activity areas. For any areas that may challenging for wheelchair users, our Access team will provide transportation for patrons who need assistance. To request a ride, please visit the Access Center.
A separate ADA lot will be available for patrons with valid handicap placards, plates and/or permits, as well as the applicable proof that it belongs to them. Please follow signage or ask staff upon entering the festival how to access this lot.
Please note that it is against the law to park in an accessible parking space without the required ADA credentials or to fraudulently use someone else's in order to gain access to ADA parking spots.
All accessibility-related inquires can be answered at our Access Center, which will be located at right inside the venue entrance. Additionally this is the location to recharge wheelchair batteries and/or the other assistive technology requiring electrical recharging, as well as storing equipment.
Accessible Viewing Areas
There will be accessible viewing areas made available to ADA patrons who may need to see above the crowd on a number of Sunset Music Festival's stages. For entrance to the platform please visit the Access Center to gain access to these areas.
There are accessible pathways and routes throughout the venue. We encourage all patrons to utilize personal forms of transportation, including wheelchairs and scooters. Absolutely no personal golf carts will be allowed. If you need to recharge your motorized wheelchair, you may do so at the Access Center. Patrons should bring all cords and accessories needed to charge their devices. Chargers must use a 110-volt, 20 amp circuit. We will not be providing wheelchair or scooter rentals
Persons with disabilities and their service dogs or miniature horses that are individually trained to do work or perform tasks for those persons with disabilities are welcome at Sunset Music Festival, as are those training service animals. Pets are not allowed and will be turned away. Due to large-scale animal service fraud, and for the protection of all festival patrons, service animals must be screened and registered at the Access Center immediately upon entry to the site. Please email email@example.com for protocol regarding service animals.
Any service animal whose task is to provide protection, emotional support, well-being, comfort, or companionship, is not considered a service animal and will not be allowed into the venue.
- All service animals must remain by the handler's side at all times and must be harnessed, leashed, or tethered, unless these devices interfere with the service animal's work or the individual's disability prevents using these devices. In that case, the individual must maintain control of the animal through voice, signal, or other effective controls.
- Service animals must be housebroken and should use the service animal relief area provided in Accessible Camping.
- Anyone bringing an animal will be responsible for and liable for any damage or injury caused by the animal.
Effective Communication Requests
There will be several options available for ADA patrons who are hard of hearing. We will have assisted listening devices available at the Access Center (you will need to provide credit card information as collateral. If you require an ASL Interpreter, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Requests must be made no later than two weeks before the event to allow for sufficient processing time.
We will be providing daily guided tours throughout the venue. If you would like a guided tour, please contact email@example.com. Requests for large font and Braille must be made at least two weeks in advance.
Accessible Restrooms will be available throughout the venue and will be located at all restroom banks. Access Maps will be available show these locations. Most accessible restroom will have a combination padlock to maintain cleanliness of the facility. Please visit the Access Center to receive access.
ATM's and Concessions are fully accessible and located throughout the venue. If assistance is required please confer with a festival staff member.
First Aid: We have several First Aid locations that are noted on the festival maps. Professional medical staff can help you with your medical needs at these locations.
Special Dietary Needs: Sunset Music Festival will have food vendors that provide gluten-free and vegetarian/vegan options. For those with special dietary needs beyond the festival food service, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
In continually trying to make our festival more accessible we encourage you to contact us at email@example.com for any of your accessibility-related needs. Additionally, if you have any questions about policies or our services please contact us.