Less Waiting, More Time for Fun!
We're excited to announce the return of our handy dandy Cashless Payment Technology, giving you the power to use your festival wristband as a digital wallet. Scan your official SMF arm candy to pay for food, drinks, merch - anything under the Sunset!
Register, Top-Up, Tap
Step 1: Register Your Account!
Visit the festival wristband portal to register your wristband and top-up your account!
Step 2: Top-Up SMF Dollars!
For every $100 you add before 3:00 PM on festival day one, get $5 bucks FREE as a bonus!
Step 3: Wear Wristband!
Attach to your right wrist. Not too tight, not too loose. Valid for entire weekend - don't take it off!
Step 4: Tap and Go!
It's that easy. Your wristband is your ticket and your wallet!
Earn free SMF Dollars before the festival!
For every individual top-up transaction of $100 you pre-load onto your cashless account before Saturday, May 26th at 3:00 PM ET, you will receive $5 bonus SMF Dollars!
Receiving Your Wristband
All wristbands purchased by Tuesday, May 8th at 11:59 PM will be shipped in advance to the address provided at time of purchase. If you ordered your entire crew's tickets, all the wristbands will arrive at your address. Orders are fulfilled by your postal carrier. Mail fulfillment occurs in waves and begins at the end of April.
Upon shipment, you'll receive a tracking email. If you don't receive your wristband right away, it's because they ship in waves at the beginning of May. If you purchase a festival ticket after the cut-off date or placed an international order, visit the "Ticket Swap / Wristband Pickup" tent at the main entrance. Please bring valid photo ID and your ticket order.
- Wristbands will be mailed to you prior to the event.
- Once your wristband ships, you'll receive a tracking email.
- If you are purchasing tickets on behalf of friends, you will receive all wristbands.
- Orders placed outside the United States will NOT be shipped and will only be available for early off-site pickup and on-site pickup.
- Orders placed after Tuesday, May 8th at 11:59 PM will NOT be shipped and will only be available for early off-site pickup and on-site pickup.
Get your festival admission sorted early, visit off-site check-in at Fairfield Inn (2215 N Lois Ave) with valid photo ID and your ticket order to pick up your wristband on weekdays preceding the event!
Off-Site Pickup Hours of Operation
Early wristband pickup is available off-site beginning Wednesday, May 23rd continuing through festival day two.
- Wednesday, May 23rd: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Thursday, May 24th: 10:00 AM - 6:00 PM
- Friday, May 25th: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
- Saturday, May 26th: 8:00 AM - 1:00 PM
If you did not receive your wristband by mail or at off-site pickup, please bring valid photo ID and and your ticket order to the on-site "WRISTBAND PICK UP" and "VIP WRISTBAND PICK UP" tent at the main entrance to receive a wristband.
On-Site Pickup Hours of Operation
Wristband pickup is available on-site at the main gate on Saturday and Sunday, May 26-27th from 2:00 PM to Midnight daily.
Frequently Asked Questions
Why is it important to register your wristband?
- Ability to top-up your account in advance, saving you time from visiting a "Top-Up Station" at the event.
- Email notifications of all your top-up and purchase transactions.
- Tracking of your on-site purchases.
- Automatic refund after the event (for any leftover credit from online top-ups).
- If you ever lose or break your wristband, customer service will be able to cancel and re-issue you a new wristband and transfer your account balance if you are registered.
- Contest and prize giveaway opportunities.
Did you purchase multiple wristbands?
Purchasing a ticket for someone else online? Remember to provide the name of the festival goer, NOT purchaser, during checkout. Then, register a new cashless account for each wristband, if you want to keep your spending separate. Assign a wristband to each of your festival buddies and have them each create a new account with their personal wristband numbers.
FYI - If you add two or more wristband numbers into the same account, this is called a "Shared Family Account" and all linked wristbands will be able to make purchases using the same pool of funds in the account. You will NOT be able to separate spending amounts.
SMF wristbands are your ticket to the show and cannot be shared. If you only plan to go one day, buy a single-day pass instead.
How do I add credits to my account at the event?
You can top-up at one of the on-site Top-Up Stations located throughout the event grounds. However, vendor stands will not be able to top-up for you, so make sure you have enough credit in your account before making purchases. Trained staff will be on-hand to help you through the process.
You can also top-up through our mobile app. Make sure to download the app before arriving to site!
How do I make a purchase?
Now that you've topped-up your account, you can make cashless purchases for food, drinks and merchandise at the event. Once you're at a vendor location:
- Tap your wristband on the RFID reader.
- Place your order with the staff.
- Tap your wristband a second time to confirm your transaction.
The amount will automatically be deducted from your account. It's that easy!
Can I transfer my credits from my wristband to another one?
No, you cannot transfer credits once they are in your personalized account. However, any leftover credit will be refunded to you in accordance with our refund policy.
Can I split the cost of something with a friend?
No, you cannot split payment for an item. Only one wristband can be used to open the transaction, and that same wristband must be used to close and confirm the purchase. This is a security feature to ensure the purchaser is in control of their own spending.
If my friend and I both have leftover credit, can we combine the remaining amounts into one account?
No, unfortunately you cannot combine credits from different accounts once those accounts have been created separately.
I've lost my wristband! What should I do?
If you've created an account online and linked your wristband to it, no worries! Visit Customer Service at the event and they will deactivate your lost wristband and issue you a new one. Please bring valid photo ID. Link the new wristband number to your account and continue having a great time -- your money is still in your account if you've previously linked it.
However, if you did NOT create an online account and didn't link your wristband, unfortunately your remaining credit balance can no longer be retrieved. To get a replacement wristband, visit Customer Service and show proof of your original event ticket purchase along with valid photo ID. If someone else bought the tickets on your behalf, you will need to bring the original purchaser with you to the kiosk and show proof of purchase along with valid photo ID. Replacement wristbands will be issued at the discretion of the Customer Service Representative.
To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend you create an account and link your wristbands to that account prior to the event. Treat your wristband the same way you would treat cash! We are not responsible for any funds stolen / missing from your wristband if you lose it.
What if I have leftover credit at the end of the festival? What is your refund policy?
All credit left unredeemed by the close of the festival on May 27th, 2018 will be refunded in accordance with the terms below:
- Credit Card & Debit Card: Leftover funds on your account purchased online or on-site at the event using credit or debit will automatically be refunded back to your card (less a $5.00 refund processing fee) within 10 business days following the end of the event.
- Cash: Leftover funds on your account purchased on-site at the event using cash will require you to complete a Manual Refund in your online account page (less a $5.00 refund processing fee). Upon verification, the refund will be processed within 10 business days following the closure of the refund form.
- All refunds are subject to a $5.00 refund processing fee.
- Unspent Bonus SMF Dollars will not be refunded and cannot be used to pay for the $5.00 refund processing fee.
- Refund processing is subject to verification of the data inputted by the guest in the Manual Refund Form. The guest is responsible for submitting accurate data.
- The deadline to apply for a Manual Refund is June 10, 2018.
Still have questions or troubleshooting issues?
Please contact Customer Service by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and provide the following information:
- Full registered name.
- Wristband number(s).
- What action you are trying to take (topping up, registering, etc.).
- Where the problem appears (e-mail, login screen, external payment site, etc.).
- What the exact error message is.
- Transaction number (if applicable).
If you have questions on-site at the event, please speak with a representative at Customer Service or a Top-Up Station.