We're excited to announce the return of our handy dandy cashless payment technology, giving you the power to use your festival wristband as a digital wallet. Scan your official SMF arm candy to pay for food, drinks, merch - anything under the Sunset!
- Wristbands will be mailed to you prior to the event.
- Once your wristband ships, you'll receive a tracking email.
- If you are purchasing tickets on behalf of friends, you will receive all wristbands.
- Orders placed outside the United States will NOT be shipped and will only be available for early off-site pickup and on-site pickup.
- Orders placed after Friday, May 13th at 11:59 PM will NOT be shipped and will only be available for early off-site pickup and on-site pickup.
Register and Tap
Step 1: Register Your Account!
Visit the festival wristband portal to register your wristband and link a debit or credit card to your account!
Step 2: Wear Wristband!
Attach to your right wrist. Not too tight, not too loose. Valid for entire weekend - don't take it off!
Step 3: Tap and Go!
It's that easy. Your wristband is your ticket and your wallet!
All wristbands purchased by Friday, May 13th at 11:59 PM will be shipped in advance to the address provided at the time of purchase. If you ordered your entire crew's tickets, all the wristbands will arrive at your address. Orders are fulfilled by your postal carrier. Mail fulfillment occurs in waves and begins at the end of April.
Upon shipment, you'll receive a tracking email. If you don't receive your wristband right away, it's because they ship in waves at the beginning of May. If you purchase a festival ticket after the cut-off date or placed an international order, visit the "Wristband Pickup" tent at the main entrance. Please bring a valid photo ID and your ticket order.
Missed the shipping deadline for your wristband or are you a first-time festie who put your wristband on too tight (no judgment)? No problem!
Get your festival admission sorted early, visit off-site wristband pickup at The Ritz (1503 E 7th Ave, Tampa, FL 33605) with valid photo ID and your ticket order to pick up your wristband on weekdays preceding the event!
Off-Site Hours of Operation
Early wristband pickup is available off-site on Wednesday, May 25th, and Thursday, May 26th.
- Wednesday, May 25th: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
- Thursday, May 26th: 12:00 PM - 8:00 PM
If you did not receive your wristband by mail or at off-site pickup, please bring a valid photo ID and your ticket order to the on-site "WRISTBAND PICK UP" and "VIP WRISTBAND PICK UP" tent at the main entrance to receive a wristband.
On-Site Hours of Operation
On-Site wristband pickup is available during both days of the festival.
- Friday, May 27th: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Saturday, May 28th: 3:00 PM - 11:00 PM
- Sunday, May 29th: 3:00 PM - 9:00 PM
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a cashless account?
Think of a cashless account as a linked bank account and your RFID wristband as the key to that account. The credit card or debit card you register are stored in this account, and each time you tap your wristband to make a purchase, the amount will automatically be deducted from your linked cards.
Why is it important to register your wristband?
- Ability to link your cards to your account in advance, saving you time from visiting a Top-Up Station at the event.
- Tracking of your on-site purchase.
- If you ever lose or break your wristband, customer service will be able to cancel and re-issue you a new wristband and transfer your account - but only if you are registered.
- Contest and prize giveaway opportunities.
Can I link more than one wristband to my account?
No, each wristband will have its own account. If you want to share your credit card or debit card with others in your group, simply have them upload your card info to their account.
How do I top-up credit?
There is no need to "top up" anymore with credit cards or debit cards. When linking your cards to your account, the system will automatically charge the cards on the account in real time. You no longer have to deposit a balance or top up funds.
How do I make a purchase with my wristband?
Now that you've topped-up your account, you can make cashless purchases for food, drinks, and merchandise at the event. Once you're at a vendor location:
- Tap your wristband on the RFID reader.
- Place your order with the staff.
- Tap your wristband a second time to confirm your transaction.
The amount will automatically be deducted from your account. It's that easy!
Can I split the cost of something with a friend?
No, you cannot split payment for an item. Only one wristband can be used to open the transaction, and that same wristband must be used to close and confirm the purchase. This is a security feature to ensure the purchaser is in control of their own spending.
How do I get a replacement wristband if it's too tight?
If you've created an account online and linked your wristband to it, no worries! Visit Customer Service at the event, and they will deactivate your lost wristband and issue you a new one. Please bring a valid photo ID. Link the new wristband number to your account and continue having a great time -- To get a replacement wristband, visit Customer Service and show proof of your original event ticket purchase along with a valid photo ID. If someone else bought the tickets on your behalf, you would need to bring the original purchaser with you to the kiosk and show proof of purchase along with a valid photo ID. Replacement wristbands will be issued at the discretion of the Customer Service Representative.
To avoid this issue, we strongly recommend you create an account and link your wristbands to that account prior to the event. Treat your wristband the same way you would treat cash! We are not responsible for any funds stolen / missing from your wristband if you lose it.
If you have further questions or need additional help, please contact wristband support via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For faster resolution, be sure to include the following information:
- Full registered name.
- Wristband number(s).
- What action you are trying to take (topping up, registering, etc.).
- Where the problem appears (e-mail, login screen, external payment site, etc.).
- What the exact error message is.
- Transaction number (if applicable).
If you have questions on-site at the event, please speak with a representative at Customer Service or a Top-Up Station.